Work at Engineering for Kids!
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Teach Engineering for Kids classes in a professional manner
- Be courteous and approachable by students, parents, and staff
- Follow procedures found in Engineering for Kids documentation and curriculum
- Use effective teaching skills that motivate students to learn
- Ability to present oneself and one’s ideas with clarity, confidence, and poise
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Proven leadership skills
- Presentation and speaking skills
- Writing skills
Assistant Manager & Manager
Working as the pivotal role between full time educator employees and core management under general supervision. This position oversees essential day to day operational functions and activities including human resource management, scheduling, equipment management, and customer service.
Ability to work independently, multitask, negotiate, be detail oriented and meet deadlines is a must!
The position is part time: 48-50 hours per week.
- working with the co-owners/program directors to develop and implement the overall goals for the area program
- overseeing day to day operations of the program (preparing supply kits for teachers, managing inventory, keeping equipment updated, checking-in on classes)
- teaching, as needed
The program operates Saturday – Thursday, with some weekends. We hold classes in various schools and locations throughout Kuwait areas in collaboration with different companies and nurseries, as well as pop up events.
At present, the position is in its Salmiya main branch, and we are seeking an independent, proactive assistant manager and Manager with an education background.
General breakdown of time spent on responsibilities:
( 50% ) Manage office and program supplies (inventory management), Manage schedule and coordinate with personnel, General office administration to include: design an efficient office space, vendor management, miscellaneous research and reconciliation. Other admin and related tasks as requested which include, but are not limited to onboarding/training new employees, errands, drop off/delivery, receive/inspect/inventory inbound and outbound supplies, pickup/return supplies, special requests, supply forecasting. Also includes curriculum testing/enhancement
( 30% ) Teaching
( 20% ) Marketing assistance with employee branding, social media, newsletters per location, our memberships, events, small event planning and coordination of customer functions, and customer appreciation activities.
To qualify to apply:
– Reliable automobile transportation and driver’s license.
– Excellent time management skills and organizational skills, especially the ability to execute.
– Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to influence.
– High energy, Resilience, resourcefulness and entrepreneurial zeal.
– Highly developed interpersonal skills.
– Prior experience with event management is an advantage (ability to coordinate multiple events simultaneously is an advantage).
– Prior experience with nonprofit organizations, personnel management or program operations is an advantage.
– Experience working with a small business entrepreneur is an advantage.
– Experience managing, coaching, or mentoring new educators is an advantage.
– Experience with Campus Recruiting is a plus.
– Bachelor degree required. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
– Candidates with a teaching or school leadership background are strongly encouraged to apply.
– Applicants with 2-4 years of recruitment experience with a clear track record of success is a plus.
– Excellent communication, public relations, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
– Must have the ability to adapt to new situations and challenges as well as embrace change and be open to new ideas.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn and use computer software as necessary (especially curriculum tools such as Scratch, RobotC, LEGO MINDSTORM, Game Design software). Ability to use basic office equipment is required. Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google email (gmail), Google Drive, Google apps such as Google Docs/Forms/Sheets, job sites and social media (Indeed, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.