Savour is looking for a Program Manager!
The program manager will have the opportunity to shape the Savour program and put his/her own stamp on it. The program manager is closely involved with all aspects of Savour, including its strategy, operations and startup selection. The role provides opportunities to build relationships with leading individuals and groups in the Kuwait startup community and with our extended network outside of Kuwait. And most importantly, the program manager will have the opportunity to work closely with the Savour startups and founders during the program.
The specific responsibilities may vary based on the background and expertise of the person filling the role, but here are some key characteristics that needs to be in a candidate:
- Passion for and belief in the startup and entrepreneurial community. An important responsibility of the job is building and nurturing relationships with many of Savour’s partners in the local community – including the other groups who are helping to build the Kuwait ecosystem.
- Empathy for the entrepreneurs and the challenges involved with building a startup. They are the ones doing the hard work, taking the risk and we always have to keep that top of mind.
- Strong operational, get-it-done capabilities with a startup mentality. Savour is often in a state of controlled chaos with all of the startups, mentors, visitors, events, and media that are always present. The program manager needs to thrive off this energy and activity while having the skills to make it all happen efficiently and at a high-quality level, with an eye toward how we improve through iteration and experimentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Involved in the selection of startup teams, recruit startups, vet applications, and assist the Managing Partners with startup selection
- Engage with Savour’s investors and coordinate activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
- Manage relationships and coordinate scheduling of mentors
- Manage speaker sessions and seminars with industry experts around various startup topics
- Identify opportunities to create new programs to drive startup engagements
- Manage relationships with local and national sponsors of Savour
- Manage and drive social media channels and all activities around it
- Maintain monthly updates on metrics for the accelerator program
- Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Calendar management (mentors, talks, events, general programming)
- Timely response to all email inquires
- Event planning
- Recruit and manage Savour Associates, Interns and Ambassadors
- Represent Savour in local community, both actively and passively
- Service the Savour network overall on and off-season, work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships between corporations, sponsors and startup communities
- Cultivation of online community for accelerator participants (“Slack”)
- Other duties and assignments as necessary
- 3-5 years business experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Ability to travel
- 1-2 years direct association or coordination related work
- Familiar with MS Office
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please place “Program Manager” in the subject line.